Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Conscious Pregnancy & Birthing Yoga Teacher Training
Join Jennifer and Mélanie for a comprehensive and holistic prenatal yoga teacher training at Suryalila Retreat Centre in Southern Spain, during which we will explore the precious time of the child birthing years. Not only will you deepen your knowledge of pregnancy, labor and birth, you’ll also learn techniques for on and off the yoga mat to support women through the myriad of transitions that occur before, during, and after birth. Becoming a prenatal yoga instructor means to contribute to the magic of bringing beings into this world – an incredibly important and rewarding task!
This training is geared towards certified 200-hour Yoga Teachers who wish to lead prenatal yoga classes in their communities. Participation is also available for non-certified yoga teachers who wish to broaden their experience and knowledge to supplement their existing practice of working with pregnant women (such as doctors/midwives/nurses/
- The benefits of yoga for pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- The essentials of Asana (postures), Pranayama (breath work), meditations & visualizations as well as vocal toning for the Mama-to-be
- Sequencing a healthy prenatal yoga practice for all levels (including beginners and the experienced yogi)
- The do’s and don’ts of the three trimesters
- Usage of props for all trimesters
- Hands-on assisting skills for the Asana practice
- Contraindications for practice
- Postures to aid common discomforts of pregnancy
- Partner yoga and massage techniques
- Postures & movement for labor preparation and for labor
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Fetal development & physiology of childbirth
- Medical and holistic models of care
- Nutrition and natural remedies for pregnancy and beyond
- Birth choices and empowered birth plans
- Creating community as a leader and resource of prenatal & perinatal educator
- During the training you will:
- Lead prenatal yoga classes
- Participate in lectures
- Fulfill reading & written assignments
- View movie screenings
- Join Q&A sessions with the staff
- Complete a quiz, a final exam and a final practicum evaluation
* Given full participation, everyone will be supported and prepared for all assignments
- Post-program requirements include reading assignments, attending prenatal yoga classes for observation & documentation, and one follow-up Skype consultation with the staff for review & any Q&A from the trainee.
- To be considered for certification, you must participate in all training hours & homework assignments and currently be a certified 200 hour Yoga Teacher.
- A certificate of completion will be given to other providers/non yoga teachers.
Jennifer Yarro is an active grassroots promoter of conscious conception, pregnancy, and childbirth, supporting both single mothers and partners in this special time of life. She is thrilled to train other teachers to help spread this information as pioneers in their communities. Jennifer brings years of combined experience as an international Yoga Teacher Trainer for both Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga, at the 200 & 500 hour level, with years of practice as a Doula, Childbirth Educator, Prenatal Yoga Teacher, Prenatal Massage Therapist, as well as her personal experiences of being a new mother. Jennifer passionately shares her wisdom with the hopes of ushering in new generations and families with the care, respect, tools, and empowerment that they deserve to create their informed experience and participation in the Circle of Life!
Jennifer is the owner and director of Frog Lotus Yoga and is the founder of the Triple Gem School of Thai Massage. Jennifer now travels internationally to teach and certify when not at her home of Frog Lotus Yoga in the Berkshires of the USA.
Mélanie Huser, MD will be teaching the anatomy portion of this training. For years she worked as an ER (emergency room) – doctor and anesthesiologist, where she assisted many hospital births. Having witnessed the full spectrum of birth intervention, Mélanie developed a deep interest in prenatal yoga, seeing it as an alternative approach to prepare women for childbirth. She believes that by giving the physical, mental, and spiritual benefits of yogic practices to pregnant women, pregnancy can be eased and women empowered. As an experienced teacher of Vinyasa-Flow, Yin-Yoga, and a senior yoga teacher trainer for the Yogalife Yoga Teacher Training in Zurich, Switzerland she enthusiastically offers her medical expertise for a deeper understanding of the both the anatomical and psychological changes that take place during pregnancy. In her eyes, teaching prenatal yoga is a powerful tool to make the phase from conception to lactation a time of magical transition for both mama and baby.
All Inclusive Price per person:
- Tent: 1455 €
- Mini Dorm (4 people): 1490 €
- Yurt: 1525 €
- Family Yurt: 1560 €
- Twin: 1630 €
- Superior Double (shared bathroom): 1770 €
- Deluxe Double (private bathroom): 1875 €
*The cost covers tuition fee, full board accommodation including three delicious vegetarian meals a day and the use of the Retreat Centre facilities.